Kushk Mahal (Chanderi)
- Built at Chanderi by Mahmud I in A.D. 1445.
- Originally seven storeyed, only four storeys now remain.
- Square in plan with 115' diameter.
- There is an entrance in the middle of each side, with balconied windows at regular intervals.
- The interior consists of two arched passages crossing at right angles, dividing the structure into 4 quadrants, within which are the palace halls. The halls rise up storey after storey, opening out into the tall arched passageway, lighted by the balconied windows on the outside.
- The building shows the style in a vigorous and vital stage, implying the initial stage of a movement bringing fresh inspiration. The masonry is of a high standard.